Plant & Create Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Get your green-thumb growing with our two-part plant and create workshop by making a personalized Mother’s Day gift. Join Laurel Technical Institutes’s greenhouse manager, Robert Studor and the Valley Fab Lab’s coordinator, Jacob Morgan for a fun evening of learning, planting, and making your own edible garden arrangement with personalized plant stakes.
This two part workshop will teach you about your local maker opportunities at the Valley Fab Lab before your tour of the greenhouse where you’ll receive a crash course in horticulture and plant your gift. The personalized plant stakes and garden arrangement containers are included in the $40 ticket price.
What You’ll Learn
- The different types of media for growing plants, beneficial plant pairings, identifying and treating plant diseases, and cultivating a good growing environment.
- What the Valley Fab Lab has to offer and your opportunities to be a maker
What You'll Get
- 3-5 herb, lettuce, or edible flower plants in a large container
- 2 personalized Happy Mother’s Day plant stakes
- Plant & Create Workshop$40+$1 Service fee$40+$1 Service fee0$0